The Firefighter Oral Interview
Prepare, this is the "Superbowl" of your testing process!
Preparation and practice is the key to a succesful Firefighter Oral Interview. This is the first opportunity for the fire department you are testing for to get to know you. Up until this level you have been nothing more than a number.
Basic Oral Board Questions
Here is a sample of a few the types of questions you may here on an oral board interview:
1. Tell us about yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a firefighter? When did you decide on this career?
3. What is the job of a firefighter? Are you qualified?
4. What have you done to prepare for this position?
5. What are you bringing to the job?
6. Why do you want to work for this city or agency?
7. What do you know about this city or agency?
8. What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?
9. What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
10. What would your employer say about you?
This is a small handful of some of the questions you might be asked.
Check out my ebook for more help for the Interview process.
The firefighter Oral Interview.